From September 2020 Newsletter - Subscribe
"Remember your leaders, those who spoke to you the word of God. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith." Hebrews 13:7
The Lord has worked for the past six years to accomplish a vision for an interdenominational evangelical seminary in Liberia to train pastors for the church in Liberia and West Africa. In 2019, the first class of pastors began deep pastoral training.
The vision statement of The Evangelical Seminary of West Africa (ESWA) reads:
The Evangelical Seminary of West Africa seeks to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ by producing Godly servant-leaders for West Africa; to serve the church, fulfill the Great Commission and transform the world through a high view of Scripture, innovative training, research, and engagement in communities.
The seminary is a fledgling ministry with a large number of needs to serve pastors who do not have the formal Biblical training. These pastors love the Lord and have a great passion to learn more about the Bible. Rick Calenberg, president of the seminary, has shared some of the seminaries pressing needs below:
(1) Renovation of the pavilion to provide a larger classroom for an increased student body and for conferences. They also plan to use the pavilion for expanded Sunday and Wednesday church services.
(2) Building of a security wall, guardhouse and security lights.
(3) Renovation of the duplex on campus and building a library for a growing collection of books.
(4). Computers and scholarships for the ESWA students (Many pastors already have second jobs to support their families so partial tuition support is extremely helpful).
Most importantly, the seminary leadership ask for prayer; for the Lord’s provision to sustain and develop ESWA. The small tuition charged will only cover about one tenth of the annual budget, so wisdom is needed and financial partners are needed for the vision of ESWA to be realized.
EMAUSA would like to raise $25,000 to help this new seminary thrive. Click on the video below to learn more about ESWA.
The Evangelical Seminary of West Africa seeks to glorify Christ by producing Godly servant-leaders for West Africa; to serve the church, transform the world, and fulfill the Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20).
1. Relevance and Excellence: a missional approach to faith and theology that is solution driven.
2. Spirituality and Integrity: a missional approach to faith and theology that is above reproach.
3. Christ-Centered Leadership: leadership that integrates deep personal holiness and humility with a strong conviction to obey God’s will, not fearing the cost.
4. Creativity in Community: team leaders, not lone rangers, who seek innovative and Biblical solutions for the community.